Somerville, NJ (January 20, 2022) – In preparation for their 2022 season, the Downtown Somerville Alliance is issuing a call for bands interested in performing as a part of the Summer Stage Concert Series.
The series runs every Saturday evening, weather permitting, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm on the outdoor stage on Division St. The season kicks off Memorial Day Weekend and runs through the end of September.
Talent for the season will be booked through Stagehand, a web-based platform that connects Artists with Venues to book and promote live events.
“As we continue to curate more live music events for Downtown Somerville, we want to make the process of booking, promoting and paying our artists as easy as possible,” said Natalie Pineiro, Executive Director of the Downtown Somerville Alliance. “We will be utilizing Stagehand as our exclusive booking/payment mechanism for events like our Summer Stage Concert Series and our Street Sound Sundays series (new for 2022).”
Stagehand offers artists the following:
- Easy/ hassle free connection to venues
- Online contracting process – making agreements clear while being stored in a central location
- Direct payment through Stripe once your performance is complete
- Virtual Tip Jar (via QR Code/signage on stage)
- Automatic promotion of booked event on venue website
- Visual / Online resume – Stagehand keeps a history of each venue an artist has played at, as well as number of events booked via Stagehand
- Notification of event cancellation or reschedule
As the DSA chooses their lineup for 2022 events, each band must have a Stagehand account so they can complete bookings, execute contracts, and facilitate payment.
For bands interested in performing, please see below for general info and a timeline for reference:
- The deadline to register with Stagehand is March 15, 2022.
- The deadline to register for the Summer Stage Concert Series is April 1, 2022.
- We ask that bands apply for multiple dates, so we can book with your availability in mind.
Visit the Downtown Somerville Alliance venue page at: https://www.stagehand.app/venues/197
Also be sure to visit the program page where you can apply for Downtown Somerville featured programs: https://www.stagehand.app/programs/3?parent=%2Fvenues%2F197%2Fprograms
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Stagehand or the Summer Stage Concert Series please contact the Downtown Somerville Alliance at email@example.com.