Tour of Somerville Main Event
On Monday, May 29, Memorial Day, the Tour of Somerville will host the 78th annual race, oldest bike race in the U.S. Along with bike races, enjoy loads of entertainment, activities, great restaurants and demonstrations. On Division Street see live local music acts from New Jersey. Performances begin at noon. At the Court House, kids can participate in live entertainment, have their faces painted and enjoy a variety of sports demonstrations. Memorial Day is the Tour of Somerville festival day and it’s all happening in downtown Somerville.
For more information, Click here
The race course is along the Borough’s Main and High Streets, this means that a number of streets within the Borough will be closed all day to car traffic. In addition, the two large parking lots in the center of town will be closed. To help ease traffic congestion and to make parking easy for visitors to the race, the Borough has prepared a map of parking locations that are within walking distance to the race course and readily accessible all day. The map has been designed to show these locations and the easiest routes to them. The important things to note.
– The streets in RED are the race course
– The streets in YELLOW are closed to cars all day
– The streets with the GREEN arrows show the way to visitor parking, just follow the signs
– The GREEN “P” shows the parking locations
– The “P” with the stripe through it shows the areas that are not available for visitor parking. The larger area is private property and reserved for residential tenants and shoppers using the stores at that location. PLEASE do not park here if you a race spectator.
Make sure to stop by the Community Zone sponsored by the Downtown Somerville Alliance and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset between 1:00pm – 5:00pm located on E Main Street between Bridge & Grove.
The community zone will feature:
- Face Painting
- Balloon Animals
- Food Trucks
- Live Music
- Food Contests
For the first time ever, in collaboration with Slingin’ Dogs & Sabretts hot dogs, we will be hosting the first ever hot dog competition on Memorial Day.
Below is a list of contests that you can apply for:
- Hot Dog Contest (5:00pm – Adult)
- Wing Contest (4:30pm)
- Lemonade Chug (4:00pm)
- Kids events (3:30pm)
Visit the link below to apply!